Pamela S. Chasek is trying to juggle motherhood, the Earth Negotiations Bulletin and an academic career.
In addition to serving as co-founder and executive editor of the Bulletin, Pam has published articles on developing country capacity building for environmental negotiations, scientific uncertainty in negotiations, professional cultures in negotiations, desertification and the UNCCD, and various environmental treaties and negotiating processes.
Her most recent books are: Transforming Multilateral Diplomacy: The Inside Story of the Sustainable Development Goals (Routledge, 2018) Global Environmental Politics, 7th edition (Westview Press, 2016) and The Roads from Rio: Lessons Learned from Twenty Years of Multilateral Environmental Negotiations (co-edited with Lynn Wagner; Routledge, 2012).
She was a Fulbright Senior Scholar in Wellington, New Zealand in 2007 and the results of her research have been published by the East-West Center: “Confronting Environmental Treaty Implementation Challenges in the Pacific Islands” Pam is also a Professor of International Relations at Manhattan College in New York City.
- Can climate talks regain momentum in 2020? As 2020 begins, climate talks resume and the international community faces deadlines to replace old frameworks with new ones.
- The State of Global Environmental Governance 2019 A global team of reporters points to the successes, shortcomings and overall trends in international environmental negotiations in 2019.
- From Bali to Marrakech: A decade of international climate negotiations This book builds on IISD's Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) coverage of a decade of climate change negotiations from the meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP) in Bali, Indonesia in 2007 to Marrakech, Morocco in 2016.
- Rio+20: 20 years of the Earth Negotiations Bulletins Pamela Chasek, Executive Editor of the Earth Negotiations Bulletin, talks to Pavilion TV about the 20 years of the bulletins and covering 25...
- Beyond Rio+20: What It Means for Global Higher Education The following article by IISD's Pamela Chasek was posted to The Chronicle of Higher Education website.Chasek comments on the results of the United...
- The Roads from Rio: Lessons Learned from Twenty Years of Multilateral Environmental Negotiation Twenty years ago, at the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development, popularly known as the Rio Earth Summit, the world's...